Dwelling Insurance

This type of home insurance plans provides minimal coverage at a much lower price than traditional homeowner’s insurance. It is typically used to insure investment, rental, vacation or seasonally occupied homes and is primarily designed to protect the home against physical damaged caused by fire and other named events.

What is the difference between Homeowners and Dwelling Insurance?

  • Dwelling coverage insures the dwelling plus any other structures on the property;
  • It insures any of the landlord’s personal property used by tenants, such as furniture or appliances;
  • It covers landlords against loss of rental income when property is damaged and must be repaired;
  • Dwelling Insurance usually offers no liability protection for injury or damage to others

The policy protects your property but does so on a more limited basis than traditional homeowners insurance.